Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Sharing My Experiences: Mandela Washington Fellow Aminazahra Sigat

“YALI is a great opportunity for all young leaders who believe in Africa.”
“I’m not the same person as the one who came from Kenya a few weeks ago,” exclaimed Aminazahra Sigat after spending a few weeks studying at the University of Wisconsin–Stout in the small city of Menomonie.
AminazahraSigat-OK
“I learned more about leadership. I found out about my strengths. I learned about the importance of communication, consistency, responsibility and how to win over people,” she said. “I learned how to give back to society and about how Americans are used to making donations to organizations they care about.”
Sigat plans to take what she learned to mentor young girls in her community. “I want them to see me as a role model and to learn from me so they can become better persons,” she said. Sigat is the procurement and logistics assistant for the group Transition Initiatives for Stabilization project of the International Organization for Migration.
“I also want to help empower them so they can become an entrepreneur, a leader or a good public manager — so that they can get their own income and independence.”
“YALI is a great opportunity for all young leaders who believe in Africa,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment